Stories of disruptive healthcare innovators and the new movement to restore medicine to its primary mission to help people
By Phil Calhoun- California Broker Publisher
“The Price We Pay” explains why healthcare expenses in the United States are out of control and how individuals are trying to reform how healthcare is fundamentally organized so that patients come first, and profits come second. This includes the high expense and transparency of hospital treatment, doctors doing unnecessary operations, and the fact that insurance brokers, pharmacy benefit managers, and group buying organizations do not assist the clients they serve but gain from the income they get. For many reasons, healthcare insurance has been skyrocketing; Dr. Makary explains the money games of medicine, loaded with middlemen, kickbacks, and hidden costs, because we don’t have malicious leaders in the healthcare industry.
Additional Trends to Expect in 2023: Technology + Innovation Supports the Virtual Care Industry
Part 2 of 2
by Michael Gorton
The virtual care industry is on a mission: to enable patients, providers and payers throughout the healthcare ecosystem to make smarter decisions about utilizing digital technology and virtual care solutions to improve access to care that results in better outcomes at lower costs. This change is especially important for brokers as they continue to advise clients about selecting the highest quality organizations for serving employer workforces. Part II of this series captures additional key trends in virtual care that will impact brokers in their processes to make the best recommendations 2023:
6 critical tech platform features take you from zip to ZING!
By David Misorski
Driven by their experiences with Amazon, Netflix and other digital customer experience leaders, policyholders now expect more from their insurers than at any point in history. More personalized options to choose from, easy-to-understand policies, and non-invasive medical exams are top of mind. Throw in rewards for maintaining healthy habits, and you have an advantage.
What’s your agency’s potential when you sell
By Hiren Parmar
2021 brought a red-hot Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) market for insurance brokers with 802 deals, a 45% increase from the year prior according to Deloitte’s M&A 2022 update. The update points to slight slowdown in the M&A environment in 202 3 but suggests firms with strategic planning can reap the fruits of a cooling market. Agency owners that are contemplating an exit need to have their plan in place if an opportunity presents itself.
By Jennifer Beck
So, let’s take a moment to acknowledge that whether they’re dealing with heightened financial challenges, complex family matters, or an uncertain employment outlook, today’s employees have been through some stuff the last few years (deep breath).
And when that stuff turns into a legal issue, it can send an employee’s stress level soaring. Whether it stems from not knowing who to call, anxiety over what the attorney fees may be, or how the matter will turn out, dealing with a legal event can be overwhelming, costly and time-consuming.
EVENTS, LEARNING, AND NETWORKING
- Aug. 31@ 4:00–7:00 pm PST. NAIFA-LA KICK OFF THE CELEBRATION — SEPTEMBER IS LIFE INSURANCE AWARENESS MONTH, Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ, Woodland Hills, CA Register
- Sept. 6 @ 9am–5:30 pm PST. AGA Accelerate Las Vegas, Adorn Events 9555 Del Webb Boulevard Las Vegas, NV Register
- Sept. 12 @ 9:00 am PST. CAHIP-OC, Annual CE Day, Lake Forest Community Center, Lake Forest, CA Register
- Oct. 5-6, NAIFA-California’s 2023 Career Advancement Conference, e3, to EMPOWER, ENGAGE, and EXPLORE, Humphreys Half Moon Inn, 2300 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA Register
- Oct. 8-10, 2023 SIIA National Conference, JW Marriott Desert Ridge, Phoenix, AZ Register
- Oct. 22–24, LIMRA Annual Conference, Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, MD Register
- Oct. 31- Nov. 2 ITC InsurTech Connect, Las Vegas, NV Register
- Sept. 13 @ 9:00 am PST Warner U | Group Benefits vs Medicare Benefits, Register
- Sept. 21 @ 11 am PST NAIFA Live: Practice Growth and Success, Register through the NAIFA Member Portal
- March 25-27, 2024, Ellevate Women’s Leadership Summit 2024, JW Marriott Las Vegas, 221 N Rampart Blvd, Las Vegas , NV Register
- May 6-8, 2024, CAHIP, Capital Summit, Kimpton Sawyer Hotel, 500 J Street, Sacramento, CA Register