It’s up to you how you tango with tech
By ALAN KATZ
Object lesson: how to leverage technology to help deliver more high-touch services
This article is about technology and benefit brokers: how that relationship has evolved and where it might be headed. While I’m listed as the author, I had a silent partner — ChatGPT.
By Wendra Johnson
Today’s employees are feeling financial strain. In a recent Unum survey we learned that
46% of workers have less than $1,000 in their checking/savings account and almost half of workers could only avoid financial distress for two months or less if they couldn’t work.
Financial stress and social isolation having a significant impact on behavioral health
By Craig Kurtzweil
Millennials — those between the ages of 27 to 42 in 2023 — are now the largest generational group covered in employer health plans. What’s more, Millennials and their children are experiencing chronic health conditions and are utilizing medical resources at unexpectedly higher rates than older generations.
Tech and Retail Continue to Inch Into Healthcare Delivery
This month’s Industry Influencer is Dawn Maroney
With the healthcare industry accounting for nearly 20% of the GDP, it holds great allure for non-healthcare companies seeking to expand their revenue streams. Profit margins in most healthcare sectors are generally lower compared to other industries. Additionally, the regulatory landscape and complex rules make it challenging for non-healthcare entities to make significant inroads. Despite the buzz surrounding big tech and retail companies venturing into healthcare, their actual impact has been relatively limited. However, these companies aim to improve patient experience, increase accessibility, and drive down costs in healthcare delivery.
The Case for Long-Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance
By Marc Glickman
More employers are considering a long-term care insurance benefit for their employees.
This additional benefit can help attract and retain great talent and also help employees better plan for their own futures. Since many employers already offer disability insurance (DI), there may be some confusion around the need for long-term care insurance (LTCi) and the differences between disability insurance and LTCi.
Tips for Open Enrollment Season
Remind employers and employees how to best use their benefits all year long
By Michael Malhame
As a health insurance broker, one of the busiest and most critical periods in your calendar is undoubtedly the open enrollment season, end of the year, or the fourth quarter — whichever you like to call it. This season offers individuals, employers and employees the opportunity to select or modify their health insurance coverage for the upcoming year.
BOOK REVIEW BY PHIL CALHOUN
In his book “The Art of Significance,” Dan Clark asked readers: “What would you rather have — conventional success or a high level beyond success?”
Dan, one of the world’s leading inspirational speakers and leadership trainers, vehemently opposes the conventional wisdom about success.
- Nov. 09 @11:30am-12:30 pm PST, Dickerson Insurance “What Advisors Should Know About Broker Compensation: The Past, Present and Future.” Register
NOTE: Dickerson offers variety of ongoing CE credit courses, found @
- Nov. 14 @12:00-2:00pm PST, CAHIP OC “CAA Gag Clause Prohibition & Attestation Requirements” Register
- Nov. 15 @10:00-11:00am PST, CAHIP LA Medicare Agents Quarterly: Coffee Chats, Register
- Dec. 07 @11:30 AM – 12:30 PM, 1 Hr. CE Credit – Presented by Dave Fear Sr., What Advisors Should Know About Telemedicine & Virtual Care Benefits, Register
- Dec. 12 @ 5:00 PM to 7:45 PM, Newport Beach Parade of Lights Harbor Cruise Balboa Pavilion, 400 Main St, Newport Beach, CA 92661, Register,
**On-site or walk-in reservations will not be ACCEPTED**
- Dec 14 @4:00 PM – 7:00 PM, “CAHIP GG Save the Date! Holiday party, Save The Date!
- Dec 15 @5:00 PM to 8:00 PM, “CAHIP-LA Annual Holiday Party, TBD, Save The Date!
- Jan. 22 , CAHIP Innovation Expo @Sheraton Universal, LA. Register: CAHIP.com
- March 25-27, Ellevate Women’s Leadership Summit 2024 @ JW Marriott Las Vegas. Register
- May 6-8, CAHIP Capital Summit @ Kimpton Sawyer Hotel, Sacramento, Register
- June 23-26, Society for Human Resources Management SHRM24 Annual Conference and Expo @ Chicago, Register