How to leverage social media branding to boost exposure and get more Medicare leads and referrals
By Shauna Haltom
Let’s take a step back. What do Medicare beneficiaries want when looking to get a plan through an agent?
- Good to best coverage, depending on individual’s health needs.
- Right price, based on a budget and fixed income.
- Great service, based solely on you.
Your expertise will take care of coverage and price. Technology can help the service by showing prospects and customers your authenticity, authority and availability.
By Michael Giusti
The Great Resignation has put insurance and benefits front and center. With today’s competitive labor market, employers are being forced to use every tool at their disposal to both recruit new talent, but also to retain their existing workforce.
Benefits plans, including employer-sponsored insurance, make up a sizable piece of that toolbox.
By Jennifer Beck
May is National Mental Health Awareness Month. So, let’s take a moment to acknowledge that whether they’re dealing with heightened financial challenges, complex family matters, or an uncertain employment outlook, today’s employees have been through some stuff the last few years (deep breath).
Increase Your Income With Cross Selling
First in an ongoing series
By Phil Calhoun
This is the first in a series of articles about how to expand your business and increase your success through cross selling. Why this series? Our readers know that cross selling is an ideal way to generate more revenue but many do not have a process to get started or maintain momentum. In all business endeavors, success is assured when we use an organized process.
What’s your agency’s potential when you sell
By Hiren Parmar
2021 brought a red-hot Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) market for insurance brokers with 802 deals, a 45% increase from the year prior according to Deloitte’s M&A 2022 update. The update points to slight slowdown in the M&A environment in 202 3 but suggests firms with strategic planning can reap the fruits of a cooling market. Agency owners that are contemplating an exit need to have their plan in place if an opportunity presents itself.
“ShiftPoints” – Unconventional ways to re-engineer our thought-life and behaviors by Dean Del Sesto
Book offers guidance to attain the things we say are important
5 Star Book Review by Phil Calhoun Publisher of California Broker Magazine
I rarely give any book a 5-star rating but with Dean’s book I must say earned my highest rating. I was not alone as most EVERYONE else gave it five stars. The two hundred vignettes of helpful, realistic nuggets of wisdom are designed to help shape how we look at things. Dean’s thoughts outlined in these concise and practical summaries will lead readers to enjoy the ease of application and frankly fun ways to think outside the box about situations and circumstances.
“Don’t confuse being a visionary with the ability to actually bring forth a vision.”
EVENTS, LEARNING, AND NETWORKING
- August 11@ 5:45 p.m., CAHIP-IE Night out at the Quakes, LoanMart Field, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, Register
- AUGUST 16, 2023 @ 4:00 PM, YAT Social & Networking, NAIFA-California San Francisco, Register
- August 31@ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm NAIFA-LA, KICK OFF THE CELEBRATION-SEPTEMBER IS LIFE INSURANCE AWARENESS MONTH, Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ Woodland Hills, CA, Register
- August 6-7-REGION 8 CONFERENCE, Anaheim, CA, Register
- August 16- LAAHU Medicare Summit @8:00 AM – 4:30 PM-The Odyssey,15600 Odyssey Drive Granada Hills, CA 91344, Register
- August 22 – August 24, 2023 “Senior Summit: Exploring the Medicare Jungle,” Pechanga Resort, Temecula, CA, Register
- August 30- 2023 SAHU Business and Medicare Expo, Citrus Heights Community Center, 6300 Fountain Square Drive Citrus Heights, CA 95621, Register
- September 12, 2023 @ 9:00 AM, CAHIP-OC, Annual CE Day, Lake Forest Community Center, Register
- October 5-6, 2023 -NAIFA-California’s 2023 Career Advancement Conference, e3, to EMPOWER, ENGAGE, and EXPLORE, Humphreys Half Moon Inn, 2300 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA, 92101,Register
- October 8-10, 2023 – All Day, 2023 SIIA National Conference, JW Marriott Desert Ridge, Phoenix, AZ, Register
- October 22 – 24, LIMRA Annual Conference, Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, MD, Register
- August 07, 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM (EASTERN), Clarity+Meditation with Dr. Kumar, Register
- September 21, 2023, 2 PM (EASTERN) NAIFA Live: Practice Growth and Success, Register through the NAIFA Member Portal