What is Going On With Life Insurance Settlements and Why Should You Care?
There’s more opportunities in 2023 than you would think!
By Lisa Rehburg
Any type of life insurance policy has the potential to be sold, including group policies. Interestingly, our business reflects an almost even split between universal life and term policies, in terms of the number of policies being sold. Continue reading
Sponsored by United Healthcare
Created by Alex Moscow, founder & MD, www.findyoursalessweetspot.com
Create a detailed picture of who your best customers are and what motivated them to buy from you, is one of the most important jobs you’ll do. Free Perfect Prospect Blueprint reveals
- A detailed picture of your ideal customer
- Insight into why you are their perfect partner
- The key ingredients you need to create campaigns that drive them to your door Download your copy here.
Healthcare is seeing unprecedented innovation being spurred by post-Covid-19 momentum. This is long overdue, as we’ve witnessed the consequences of a broken system for years: untenable costs, poor patient outcomes, and a focus on reactive rather than preventative care in traditional healthcare systems. Patients are increasingly becoming active participants in their own healthcare decisions and experiences. In turn, this is driving forward a new industry of upstarts creating modern, comprehensive healthcare solutions defined by tech-first, longitudinal relationships with patients.
Our current healthcare system was built around data silos that prevent collaboration, with trillions of dollars poured into disease treatment instead of prevention each year. Luckily, the rise of health tech has spurred a new generation of leaders looking to tackle the legacy… Forbes February 17, 2023 Erica Jain Continues here
Sponsored by AGA
Change the Way You Sell Medicare with Social Media Branding
Big opportunity! How to leverage social media branding to boost exposure and get more Medicare leads and referrals
By Shauna Haltom
Let’s take a step back. What do Medicare beneficiaries want when looking to get a plan through an agent?
- Good to best coverage, depending on individual’s health needs.
- Right price, based on a budget and fixed income.
- Great service, based solely on you.
Your expertise will take care of coverage and price. Technology can help the service by showing prospects and customers your authenticity, authority and availability. Article continues
Kenneth Cohen, M.D., executive director of translational research at Optum Health, said that accountable care models also have greater incentive to embrace new technologies that may be less expensive than traditional approaches to care. (Big Joe/Getty Images)
Value-based models in Medicare Advantage (MA) achieve better patient outcomes and more efficient care compared to traditional Medicare, according to a recent study from Optum.
A new graphic novel by Kathleen Founds follows an angst-ridden bear on his quest for mental health treatment. Founds drew on her own experience with bipolar disorder.
Mother-to-be Kathleen Founds made a routine doctor’s appointment to discuss the risks of antidepressants in pregnancy. After the visit, Founds, who relies on medication to quell the manic highs and despondent lows of bipolar disorder, learned the physician was out of network.
She received a surprise bill for $650, launching her into a maze of claim forms and hours on the phone being routed from one office to the next to dispute the charges — insurance red tape that so many Americans have encountered. A decade later, Founds captured her experience in a graphic novel, “Bipolar Bear and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Health Insurance,” a richly illustrated, darkly funny fable for adults about the country’s dysfunctional health system. Story continues
The “food is medicine” movement — which states that food can be a way to address health — has been gaining popularity in recent months, with the Biden administration voicing support for it. But the movement faces a number of obstacles, including a lack of coverage from insurers, Nicholas Florko writes for STAT.
What is ‘food is medicine?’ Continue reading
Sponsored by Strazzeri/Mancini
Succession Planning for Your Small Business Owner Clients
Learn from independent attorneys, CPAs, bankers, financial planners, investment advisers, insurance and real estate professionals, presenting training sessions every week.
Attend and learn more about business succession planning. For additional information call: 858-200-1900
Southern California Institute meeting (SCI.)
- Weekly Thursday Insights Schedule and Registration:
Exit Planning Institute Chapter meetings.
- EPI Los Angeles Chapter Meeting Schedule and Registration:
- EPI Orange County Chapter Meeting Schedule and Registration:
- EPI San Diego Chapter Meeting Schedule and Registration: Virtual Only
For additional information call: 858-200-1900
Seven Ways to Have a Healthier Relationship With Stress
By Jill Suttie for GreaterGoodBerkeley.edu
A new book by renowned stress researcher Elissa Epel explains how stress affects our bodies at the cellular level and how to manage it better.
“Anything worth doing will have aspects of stress woven through: challenge, discomfort, risk. We can’t change that. But what we can change is our response,” Elissa Epel says.
If we can learn how to handle stress better and build up stress resilience, we’re more likely to thrive, she argues. To do that, she recommends seven guidelines and offers specific practices to get us there. Read more
- Feb. 23, 10–11am PST, CAHIP webinar “Traditional vs. Hybrid Long – Term Care Insurance.” Register
- Feb. 23, 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT Diversity and Mental Health Sponsor: Uprise Health. Register
- Feb. 23, 11:30–1:30 pm PST by Zoom, 70th Annual Will G. Farrell Award & Leadership Recognition Event, sponsored by NAIFA-LA and FSP. Info: email@example.com
- March 4, 9:00-1:30 pm PST, by zoom: WIFS-LA Women’s Forum “Embrace Empowerment.” Info:firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 7, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm PST CAHIP Orange County Annual Carrier Panel Presentation includes Aetna, Anthem, Blue Shield of CA, Kaiser, UnitedHealthcare, Providence, Scan. Register
- April 10, 9:30 am PST CAHIP Orange County 26th Annual Charity Golf Classic. Contact CAHIP-OC at (714) 441-8951, ext. 3 or at email@example.com
- April 25 LAAHU 2023 Annual Symposium – In person. Pasadena Convention Center. $49 Member, $69 VIP Member, $70 Non-Member. Register: https://laahu-annual-symposium.constantcontactsites.com/ Info: 800-676-1628
- March 13-15, Ellevate Women’s Leadership 2023 Summit, JW Marriott just outside Las Vegas. Register
- April 11-14, Virtual Fourth National Medicare Advantage Summit by Global Health Care, Virtual/Online Live Video; Media Partners: Harvard Health Policy Review, Health Affairs and Inside Health Policy. Phone: (800) 503-0078. Registration@hcconferences.com, Register
- May 8-10, CAHIP Capitol Summit Sacramento. Registration is NOW OPEN. Register Here