Sponsored by Word&Brown
Increasingly, employers of all sizes – in a wide variety of industries – are asking workers to return to the office. Ironically, one of those employers is Zoom, a remote-working lifeline for employers and employees when the COVID-19 pandemic began.
What about your agency? Are you pushing to have employees return to working on-site? Is your strategy working? Are employees happy about it?
Reduce your risk of losing talented staff and consider these suggestions on keeping employees engaged and, maybe, even eager to return.
This year’s open enrollment period begins on November 1. The millions of Americans who are uninsured or do not get coverage through work will have the opportunity to shop for policies that will take effect in 2024. But they only have about ten-weeks to do so. This open enrollment period will end on January 15 for those plans whose coverage begins on January 1. As states unwind their Medicaid rolls, it’s critical that those who have relied on the program over the last few years understand all the affordable health insurance options that remain available to them. Agents and brokers can ensure that they do.
Sponsored by AGA
Ten years after legislation first softened the consequences, the long-awaited final rule regarding civil monetary penalties for Section 111 Medicare Mandatory Insurer Reporting was published on Oct. 11. The implications of this new rule are monumental and underscore the possibility an entity could be fined as much as $365,000 (plus inflationary adjustment) per beneficiary, which means this regulation is arguably the most influential in the history of Medicare secondary payer practice.
Older adults are adopting digital health tools at a higher rate than ever before. This adoption has considerable potential to support these individuals in accessing healthcare, helping them maintain their autonomy and independence as they age, as well as promoting their health and well-being.
The adoption of digital tools for those 65 and older has grown considerably since the COVID-19 pandemic. In fact, 75% of adults 65 and older are internet users, up from just 19% in 2000, and more than half of people 65 and older (61%) are now smartphone owners, according to the Pew Research Center.
Christine Rogers of Wake Forest, North Carolina, didn’t hesitate when she was asked to fill out a routine mental health questionnaire during a checkup last November.
Her answers on the form led her primary care doctor to ask about depression and her mood, and Rogers said she answered honestly.
“It was a horrible year. I lost my mom,” Rogers said she told her physician.
After what Rogers estimates was a five-minute conversation about depression, the visit wrapped up. She said her doctor did not recommend treatment nor refer her for counseling.
Special thanks to Russ Williams for his new Professional Development Program for California Brokers readers.
Russ Williams contributes articles on professional growth for readers of California Broker Magazine. He serves as a mentor-advisor and offers one-on-one professional consultations based on The Clarity Conversation. This 9-Session Self-Renewal Consultation focuses on overcoming nagging personal-professional challenges to re-claim personal and professional clarity to renew your influence for good at home, at work, and in the community.
Managing Cause & Effect
WALKING WITH…NOT OVER…OTHERS
“No kind action ever stops with itself. The kind action leads to another. Good examples follow. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.”
Are you observing a more generous spirit emerging in your business and professional connections?
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
By Mike Lambert
In an era marked by soaring healthcare costs and uncertainty, insurance brokers face the challenge of guiding their employer clients through a complex benefits landscape. With a median health care cost increase of 7% projected for 2024, employers are desperate for solutions that offer affordability and flexibility. This is where level-funded health plans come into play, offering a financially sustainable and customizable option. Here’s why brokers should have this option at the top of their recommendation list.
Knowing the long-term care options that are available to your clients is an important starting point when helping them plan for the future. It’s important to encourage your clients to think about where they want to live and what type of care, they believe they might need.
Most people want to stay in their homes, but it’s not the right choice for everyone. Others prefer the services and amenities that come with certain types of living arrangements. Many also prefer or need the activities and social interaction that come with communities that provide services.
What Are The Options?
- Nov. 02 @ 11:30 am -1:30 pm PST, WIFS-LA & NAIFA-LA present “What’s Going On With Long Term Care Insurance Around The Country?” Register
- Nov. 07 @9:00-11:00am PST, CAHIP Golden Gate Membership Meeting: “Is Parity Working? Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Claim Advocacy for Brokers Register
- Nov. 08 @9am PST, Q4 State of NAIFA, Register
- Nov. 09 @11:30am-12:30 pm PST, Dickerson Insurance “What Advisors Should Know About Broker Compensation: The Past, Present and Future.” Register
NOTE: Dickerson offers variety of ongoing CE credit courses, found @
- Nov. 14 @12:00-2:00pm PST, CAHIP OC “CAA Gag Clause Prohibition & Attestation Requirements” Register
- Nov. 15 @10:00-11:00am PST, CAHIP LA Medicare Agents Quarterly: Coffee Chats, Register
- Dec. 07 @11:30 AM – 12:30 PM, 1 Hr. CE Credit – Presented by Dave Fear Sr., What Advisors Should Know About Telemedicine & Virtual Care Benefits, Register
- Dec. 12 @ 5:00 PM to 7:45 PM, Newport Beach Parade of Lights Harbor Cruise Balboa Pavilion, 400 Main St, Newport Beach, CA 92661, Register,
**On-site or walk-in reservations will not be ACCEPTED**
- Dec 14 @4:00 PM – 7:00 PM, “CAHIP GG Save the Date! Holiday party, Save The Date!
- Dec 15 @5:00 PM to 8:00 PM, “CAHIP-LA Annual Holiday Party, TBD, Save The Date!
- Jan. 22 , CAHIP Innovation Expo @Sheraton Universal, LA. Register: CAHIP.com
- March 25-27, Ellevate Women’s Leadership Summit 2024 @ JW Marriott Las Vegas. Register
- May 6-8, CAHIP Capital Summit @ Kimpton Sawyer Hotel, Sacramento, Register
- June 23-26, Society for Human Resources Management SHRM24 Annual Conference and Expo @ Chicago, Register