- BE INCLUDED: Enable brokers and colleagues to reach you
- GET LEADS: Enable consumers to find you
- BE RECOGNIZED: Show clients you are included in CalBroker’s California State Directory
- COLLABORATE: Reach broker colleagues to help you solve client problems
Directory Circulation: Available on demand for print; Emailed weekly to 6,000 life and health brokers; Available on our website with 10,000 visits monthly; Consumers looking online for life and health insurance benefits professionals
Listing Options: 1. Basic Listing includes logo and contact information with online hot link; 2. Enhanced Listing is 1/8 Page Full Color Advertisement along with a Basic listing;
3. Custom is an advertisement up to a full page and a Basic listing.
Good to know!
KFF: Medicare Advantage is a Diamond in the Government Healthcare Rough
A record 28.4 million seniors get their insurance through Medicare Advantage, according to a new analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation. They account for nearly half of all eligible Medicare beneficiaries. And that share will likely increase. The Congressional Budget Office predicts that more than 60% of the total Medicare population will be in Medicare Advantage plans by 2032. Since Medicare Advantage insurers must compete for seniors’ business, they’re incentivized to provide patients quality care at the lowest possible price. Read Forbes article here.
See NAIC consumer warnings for your Medicare clients
Three Tips to Avoid Common Pitfalls During Medicare and Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment
The NAIC is sharing tips to help consumers navigate Medicare annual open enrollment and Medicare Advantage open enrollment, find the plan that works best for them, and spot misleading or fraudulent marketing.
- Don’t be pressured
- Do your homework
- Follow basic cybersecurity practices online
While some choices may look promising on your TV or computer screens, not all plans are created equal, and some offers really are “too good to be true.” Dive in here.
Blue Shield Pushes Back on 2024 Medi-Cal Procurement Decision
Contends that the State of California has not produced key records and questions credentials of appeals hearing officer
Blue Shield of California filed legal documents with the State Superior Court seeking a judge to compel the California Department of Health Care Services to comply with the state public records act and release documents related to the state’s initial decision on the award of Medi-Cal contracts for 2024.
“On behalf of the Medi-Cal beneficiaries we serve today whose health care is directly impacted by this decision, and of every Californian, we are turning to the court to insist on a full, fair, and robust Medi-Cal procurement appeals process,” said Kristen Cerf, President and CEO, Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan.“We believe that the Department of Health Care Services has a duty to get this right and not just rubber stamp its original decision.” Read more.
California Governor Signs important health care bills
As the 2021-22 legislative session came to a close, Governor Gavin Newsom took action on a number of important bills supported and sponsored by the California Medical Association. For more information, see the articles listed here.
Who IS covered?
Uninsured rate could drop further as insurers expand reach
Brokers can help better plan future expenses
EBRI survey finds that retirees are spending much higher or a little higher than they can afford in 2022 (17% in 2020 vs 27% in 2022). Black and Hispanic retirees, as well as those in the lower annual household income brackets and poor self-reported health status also indicated their spending is higher than they can afford. Dive deeper here.
Awareness can improve care for your client’s workforce
And from Amercianscientist.org
- Oct. 25, 11 am PST, isolved Webinar: “Employee Benefit Trends & Opportunity” hosted by isolved’s Director of Benefit Services, Carla Adams. Register.
- Nov. 3, 11:30 to 1:30 pm PDT Women In Financial Services (WIFS) Webinar: What The Tech?
- Nov. 4, 10:30am PST, White Wing Insurance National meeting. Register.
- Nov. 10, 10:00 – 11:00 am PST, NAHU Professional Employer Organizations (PEO) and what makes a PEO Broker Friendly, Sponsored by JustWorks. Register.
- Dec. 1, 11:30 – 1:30 pm PST: WIFS: Tax Year In Review and What’s Coming in 2023, Contact Janet Fishman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan. 24, 2023 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM PST, NAHU Live Virtual Corporate Wellness Certification. Register
- Mar. 4, 2023, 9:00 to 1:30 PM PST WIFS Women’s Forum 2023
- Nov. 13-16, HLTH 2022 Health Innovation Expo, Las Vegas. Register
- Dec. 1, EBRI 2022 Retirement Summit, Washington D.C. Online & in person. Register
- Dec. 19-21, Money 2.0 Conference, White Wing CEO Joshua Schneeloch will present along with other experts. Las Vegas. Details
- March 13-15, 2023, Ellevate Women’s Leadership 2023 Summit, JW Marriott just outside Las Vegas. Register here.
CalBroker November Print Magazine
Get ready for a feature:
Young Adults Experience Health Insurance for the First Time
California State University, Fullerton college students Kiana Raymondo and Justin Moran show us how we can help young people navigate the complex world of insurance.