Did you see the blood moon in the wee hours this morning? Hopefully, you were sleeping. But a red moon is pretty cool. Also pretty cool: winning $500! We’re closing in on your last chance to answer our super short survey and enter you name to win big.
Take Our Survey & You Might Win $
Take the 2021 California Broker reader survey and enter to win $500. Thanks to all who have already responded!
“I applaud the Biden Administration and Secretary Becerra for restoring protections forbidding discrimination based upon the gender identity or sexual orientation of a patient, which I and other insurance commissioners strenuously fought to retain under the previous administration. By ensuring equal protection under the law for millions of consumers across our state and country, today’s action reaffirms that there is no place for discrimination in health care.”
You’ve probably heard people in the industry speak about the potential risks and benefits of lowering the Medicare eligibility age to 60. This is definitely one of those hot areas of discussion that shows no signs of cooling. Here’s a straightforward story on Healthline that fairly lays out some of the arguments. Look for a lot more of this type of discussion in the future.
To meet increasing demands for digital payment solutions, payCloud.io introduced a digital payment platform tailored for insurers and MGAs. While payCloud.io is a new name, the core systems and team have been in the insurance industry for more than two decades. Spun from insurance software pioneer, Silvervine Software, payCloud.io leverages the same digital payment technology combined with a dedicated payment focus.
PayCloud.io offers a complete suite of payment solutions, each providing a secure, convenient and intuitive customer experience. Its digital payment offerings enable insurers to receive payments as well as initiate a variety of outbound payments to insureds, claimants, vendors and others. payCloud.io facilitates premium payments online and over the phone.
The Insurance Development Forum (IDF), a public-private partnership led by the insurance industry and supported by international organizations, announced the inaugural IDF Summit 2021 taking place virtually on June 7-8. The theme is “Building Resilience in a Risker world: Actions towards a climate resilient future”. The event, which is free to attend, will feature speakers from AXA, Zurich Insurance and other companies and organizations, including:
- H.E. António Guterres, Secretary General, United Nations
- Denis Duverne, Chairman, AXA & Insurance Development Forum
- David Malpass, President, World Bank Group
- Kristalina Georgieva, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund
- Mark Carney, UN Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance & UK Prime Minister’s COP26 Finance Advisor
- Hon. Waldo Mendoza Bellido, Minister of Economy & Finance, Republic of Peru
- Achim Steiner, Administrator, UNDP & Co-Chair of the IDF SteerCo
- Michel Liès, Chairman, Zurich Insurance Group & Deputy Chair IDF SteerCo
Phoenix-based Solera Health, a tech company that provides a dynamic platform linking employees to evidence-based interventions to impact costly chronic conditions announced a new collaboration with Headspace, the meditation, mindfulness and mental training app. The Headspace app will now give Solera Health clients access to over 1,000 hours of mindfulness and mental wellbeing content. Besides mental health and stress, Solera also offers solutions for diabetes management, diabetes prevention, falls prevention, social isolation, tobacco cessation and weight management.
- An overview of the No Surprises Act and Transparency in Coverage rules including updates on recent legislative activity
- The legislation’s potential impact on payers and how to prepare for it
- Solutions innovation for No Surprises Act and Transparency in Coverage compliance
Sutter Health | Aetna announced two additions to the joint venture’s leadership team: Dr. Mordechai Pavlovsky, who is joining as Chief Medical Officer and Head of Operations & Innovation, and Jeremy Gallus, in the role of Head of Market Development. According to Sutter Health | Aetna, Pavlovsky and Gallus will help fulfill the goal of “providing an exceptional member experience, which encapsulates member services, overall affordability, and access to high-quality care through relationships with Sutter Health, Aetna® and CVS Health®”.
Gigaforce, an isurtech provider of a SaaS-based, blockchain-optimized, claims platform, announced the addition of Nick Gerhart to the
company’s board of advisors. Gerhart formerly served as Iowa’s insurance commissioner, where he helped start the Global Insurance Symposium and the Global Insurance Accelerator before moving on to a position as chief administrative officer for Farm Bureau Financial Services. Currently, Gerhart is chief innovation officer for Homesteaders Life Insurance Company and an advisor and board member to many insurtech startups, including Harbor.ai, Carpe Data, Sureify and Gain Compliance.
- NAAIA Agent Round Table Discussion: Why Should I Join? – Exploring the Value of Professional Trade Associations for Black Agents, May 27, Noon PT, Register here.
- Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) Annual Meeting, Virtual, June 7-9, Register here.
- IDF Forum, Virtual, June 7-8. Register here.
- IICF International Inclusion in Insurance Forum, June 15-17. Register here.
- SIIA Mentor Connection Forum, Virtual, June 16-17. Register here.
- NAHU Annual Convention & Grow Your Business Expo, theme is “The Path Forward”, Virtual, June 27-29, info at nahu.org.
- BenefitsPro Broker Expo, in person in San Diego, August 16-18. Save 15% with promo code RIGHTPLAN. Agenda here, register here.
- American Association for Medicare Supplement Insurance, National Medicare Supplement Insurance Industry Summit, Sept 8-10, in person at Schaumburg Convention Center, Chicago area. Info here