Don’t miss NAAIA content
The National African American Insurance Association offers many free recorded webinars on its site. NAAIA has addressed topics like brand identity in 2021, sisterhood in organizations, the cannabis industry and much more more. Check out the webinars at naaia.org.
Commissioner Lara Appoints Members to the California Long Term Care Insurance Task Force
Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara announced his six appointments to the new Long Term Care Insurance Task Force. Created by the legislative passage and Governor Gavin Newsom’s signing of AB 567, the task force will explore how a statewide long-term care insurance program could be designed and implemented. Newly appointed members include:
- Dr. Lucy Andrews, director of nursing and CEO for At Your Service Nursing and Home Care
- Grace Cheng Braun, MSPH, President and CEO of WISE & Healthy Aging
- Michael Mejia, senior vice president, operations for Atria Senior Living
- Doug Moore, executive director of the United Domestic Workers of America
- Dr. Karl Steinberg, M.D., C.M.D., a skilled nursing facility and hospice medical director in San Diego County for over 25 years.
Survey: Americans Focused on Healthcare Over Student Loans and Legal Pot
Medicare Advantage Plans surveyed 1,000 adults in the United States about what policies they’d most like to see enacted. Drum roll, please:
- 51% of Americans would like to see Medicare for All over student loan forgiveness OR marijuana legalization
- 1/3 would rather have student loan forgiveness, and 1 in 4 would prefer legalized marijuana
- 60% of Americans would choose Medicare for All over a free college system
- 14% said they’d rather have the Monday after Superbowl Sunday be a national holiday.