Read Insider Online
Sponsored by United Healthcare
Benefits Second to Salary for Employees, says survey
Less than half believe leaders understand what’s important to them
OneSource Virtual, a leading provider of HR and Finance outsourcing services, solutions and products surveyed 5,000 employees and 500 HR directors in the United States to gauge employee satisfaction with benefits and determine how attitudes between the two audiences might differ.
Survey results reveal that less than half of employees believe that leaders understand what’s important to them, compared with more than three-quarters of HR directors who said the same.
- Nearly half of surveyed employees said benefits are second only to salary when making decisions about their careers. PRWEB / Read Article
Sponsored by AGA
CMS releases three initiatives to grow Medicare ACO participation
The goal is to have 100% of traditional Medicare beneficiaries in an ACO by 2030
To advance its goal of having 100% of people in traditional Medicare in an accountable care relationship in seven years, CMS announced three initiatives in the Medicare Shared Savings Program and the ACO REACH and Kidney Care Choices models.
More than 700,000 healthcare providers and organizations will participate in at least one of the three initiatives this year, CMS said. These programs are expected to grow and provide care to more than 13.2 million people with Medicare. Read more
Did Your Health Plan Rip Off Medicare?
KHN has released never-before-seen details of federal audits as the government weighs action against dozens of Medicare Advantage plans.
Many Medicare Advantage Plans Overcharged the Government, Audits Show
Government auditors examined a sample of medical records to confirm the patients had the medical conditions the government paid Medicare Advantage plans to treat. This chart shows payment errors that surfaced in 90 audits of health plans from 2011 to 2013, the most recent available. In many cases, the government overpaid the plans. In a few, the plans undercharged for the services provided.
CMS is expected to clarify what it will do with the upcoming regulation, both for collecting on past audits and those to come. CMS is currently conducting audits for 2014 and 2015. Read more
Sponsored by TWH
Want to Make 100% to 500% More Growth than CDs?
Check out Multi-Year Guaranty Annuities
Multi-Year Guaranty Annuities (MYGAs) are annuities that work like Certificates of Deposit (CDs), but with higher returns that are tax-deferred. The most important difference between MYGAs (offered by insurance companies) and CDs (offered by banks) is that MYGAs return anywhere from 100% to 500% more growth than CDs. Both are fixed income investment products that offer a guaranteed rate of return over a specified period of time: MYGAs typically 3 to 10 years; CDs typically 3 months to 5 years.
MYGAs offer higher guaranteed rates and tax-deferred growth with restrictions on withdrawals, while CDs offer lower rates but FDIC insurance and more flexibility. The choice between them will depend on your financial goals and risk tolerance. Read more
LIMRA: 2022 U.S. Retail Annuity Sales Shatter Annual Sales Records Set in 2008
Unprecedented sales prompted by consumers seeking investment protection coupled with growth opportunity
Propelled by record-high fixed annuity sales, total annuity sales surged to $310.6 billion in 2022, a 22% increase from 2021 results and 17% higher than the record set in 2008, according to preliminary results from LIMRA’s U.S. Individual Annuity Sales Survey.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, total annuity sales were $87.2 billion, a 39% increase from the fourth quarter of 2021. This marks the third consecutive quarter in which annuity sales set a new record. That sounds like good news for financial advisors! Read Article
Sponsored by Strazziri/Mancini
If You Have No Plan, Then Your Plan is to Fail
by Paul Wirth
2023 has begun, and if you haven’t created a strategic plan, now is the time! Don’t waste another second — your competition may already be planning your demise. Read Article
Potential Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Healthcare Spending
Private insurers could save billions with AI adoption
The potential of artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify existing healthcare processes and create new, more efficient ones is a major topic of discussion in the industry. Yet healthcare lags other industries in AI adoption. In this paper, we estimate that wider adoption of AI could lead to savings…Learn more
Happiness Break: Feeling the Awe of Nature From Anywhere
Host Dacher Keltner leads us through an exercise in feeling the serenity and wonder that nature brings us, no matter where we are. Take a break here
- Feb. 9, 8:00 am PST, OCAHU Annual Sales Symposium, Spring Field Banquet Center – Fullerton. Keynote speaker, Andy Hill, motivational speaker, former president of CBS Productions, and author of the book “Be Quick – But Don’t Hurry: Finding Success in the Teachings of a Lifetime.” More info.
- Feb. 22, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm PST, NAIFA San Diego Business Planning Summit. Topics include planning for business owners, business succession planning, life insurance strategies for business owners, employee stock ownership plans, exit strategies and more. Learn More & Register
- Feb. 23, 2023 10am – 11am PST, CAHIP webinar “Traditional vs. Hybrid Long – Term Care Insurance.” Register
- Feb. 23, 11:30–1:30 pm PST by Zoom, 70th Annual Will G. Farrell Award & Leadership Recognition Event, sponsored by NAIFA-LA and FSP. Info: email@example.com
- March 4, 9:00-1:30 pm PST, by zoom: WIFS-LA Women’s Forum “Embrace Empowerment.” Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 11-14, Virtual Fourth National Medicare Advantage Summit by Global Health Care, Virtual/Online Live Video; Media Partners: Harvard Health Policy Review, Health Affairs and Inside Health Policy. Phone: (800) 503-0078. Registration@hcconferences.com, Register
- March 13-15, Ellevate Women’s Leadership 2023 Summit, JW Marriott just outside Las Vegas. Register
- May 8-10, 2023 CAHIP Capitol Summit Sacramento REGISTER HERE
Authors Wanted for California Broker Magazine
Topics needed for April (due March 6)
- Technology in healthcare
- Vision plans
- Finance: Life & Annuities
- Small/Large Group topics
May (due April 5)
- Heart Health
- Professional Development
- Mental Health,
- Stroke & Fitness
- Exit Planning
- Voluntary Benefits: Vision