Press Releases:

Transamerica Introduces Transamerica Principal Optimizer

Transamerica recently unveiled the Transamerica Principal Optimizer, an annuity rider withguaranteed protection. The Transamerica Principal OptimizerSM offers protection from market losses on an investor's principal and earnings, the potential of uncapped investment growth, and the ability to invest 70% of premiums into any investment option available within the annuity. For an additional fee, Transamerica Principal Optimizer variable annuity customers can have:

  • Protection from market downturns, with up to 100% protection of principal and earnings growth, depending on the length of the benefit
  • Simplicity from a straightforward strategy with gains credited daily and dividends automatically
  • The flexibility to allocate 70% of all premiums as they wish from a menu of diverseinvestment options from well-known money The remaining 30% will beallocated to the annuity stable value account that offers a guaranteed interest rate.
  • An optional annual reset feature to lock in gains to their guaranteed future

Offered for waiting periods of either seven or ten years, Transamerica Principal Optimizer aims to offer investors the opportunity to protect premium and growth. Even if the policy value falls due to down markets, investors are guaranteed to receive 100% of their initial premium back if they elect and complete the 10-year waiting period. If an investor chooses the seven-year waiting period, they are guaranteed to receive 90% of their initial premium at the end of that waiting period. Optional annual reset is required to lock in earnings growth. At the time of an optional annual reset, this protection levelpercentage could drop as low as 80%.

More info at

New York Life Chairman and CEO Ted Mathas Joins NYDIG Board of Directors

TED MATHAS, chairman and CEO of New York Life Insurance Company, must think this Bitcoin thing is going somewhere. NYDIG, a leading provider of investment and technology solutions for Bitcoin, announced Mathas will join its board of directors. New York Life Insurance Company is the nation’s largest mutual life insurer with more than $700 billion in assets under management. NYDIG says Mathas’ expertise and insights will be valuable as it continues to focus on “expanding thefinancial and technol- ogy services it delivers to institutional and individual clients alike.”

LIMRA: Annuity Sales Down

U.S. annuity sales totaled $219 billion in 2020, 9% lower than sales in 2019, according to results from the Secure Retirement Institute® (SRI®) U.S. Individual Annuity Sales Survey. While total sales were down, the fourth quarter nonetheless didn’t look bad. Annuity sales rebounded to pre-pandemic levels during this time.